Family Preschool is hiring a part-time teacher for one of our 3- and 4-year-old classrooms. We are seeking applicants who love working with children and their parents and who have the following attributes:
- You have a strong ability to command a classroom of young children.
- You naturally collaborate with fellow teachers on curriculum ideas and classroom dynamics.
- You believe in an open, play-based learning environment that is inclusive and welcoming.
- You welcome parent participation in the classroom.
- You have an interest in project-based learning.
Details about the position:
- Teacher classroom hours are 8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Tuesday through Friday.
- The position is approximately hours per week over 9 months. There is also an opportunity to participate in summer camp in June.
- Your compensation will cover class time, set up time, break down time, curriculum planning and communication.
- You will work closely as a team with two other teachers.
- Experience teaching young children is required. Applicants with an early childhood education degree will be given preference.
Our school is a well-established, warm and nurturing cooperative half-day preschool in Durham that operates roughly on the traditional Durham Public Schools calendar. Our 3- and 4-year-old mixed-age classes learn through play and project-based learning. We offer competitive compensation, as well as paid vacation and sick days. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are proud to be certified by the Durham Living Wage Project. For questions, to visit our school or to submit a resume, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.